Friday, February 13, 2009

Jameson and Swedish Fish was a Bad Idea (Birthday Poem for Brian)

Long night
last night

Five minutes into my workday
Ian dropped his phone

asked me to pick it up

I did

there was a picture of his balls
as the screensaver

he ballphoned me good

One of the old guys
who volunteers
tried to engage me in conversation

He pulled out
his entire arsenal
of senior citizen bullshit

“Museum’s dead”
“Howabout that Blagojevich”
“Went to Disneyland with the family in ‘79”
“Satellite crash”

It is Thursday February 12, 2009

last night
was a long night
of Jameson and Swedish Fish

It was Brian’s birthday

and we ate and we drank

Today
there’s a bipolar Gummi bear
in my stomach

It’s got nowhere to go

like an old guy volunteering

at a dead museum

yammering away

while I try to write a poem for my buddy

The ballphoning never ends

© 2009 Lee Kitzis

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're on a roll. Ballphoning is an entirely new and appealing concept to me. I consumed garlic hummus, onion rings and sparks one evening which resulted in a neon fresco on porcelain.

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know that...

Kid Douche said...

Swedish Fish have been crossed off this man's "okay to eat" list. My caramel fire hydrant burst, as well.

Apparently, Sweden likes to stick it to the Jews.

Thanks for the appropriately shitty poem. You know the way to my heart, sir.