Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Good Looking Man

I was on the train
going to work
with a grocery bag
full of chips

everyone was looking at me

and I thought

alright
I'm a good looking man

every time I looked up
the girls would look down
and the guys would look to the side

and I thought
alright
I'm intimidating

then I realized
I hadn't buckled my belt
back up

the strap was sticking out
underneath my polo shirt
and it looked like
I had a massive hard-on

also
you could clearly see
the Shopper's Value logo
underneath the thin white plastic
of my Jewel bag

when I got to work
I went to the bathroom
and looked in the mirror

I had forgotten to comb my hair
it was sticking up in back

I also
had crust in my eyes

I gave myself the wink and the gun

I was a good looking poet

© 2010 Lee Kitzis

No comments: