Thursday, September 4, 2008

For Jill

I would fake a Portuguese accent for you

study wine

and grow a vagina on my soul

I would pretend stories about Scotland Yard were interesting

and watch less TV

I would move to Delaware

or eastern Delaware

or give Somalian food another shot

give up baseball
but not Ron Santo

go to church
and not laugh

go to temple
and not sleep

eat salads
and masturbate less

stop drinking beer
and shave

get my Master’s in Botanical Science

just to kill time

and one night

when we went out

to a fancy dinner

of lobster bisque
and risotto
not a french dip
from Arby’s

I’d propose to you

w/ a ring in a champagne glass

and it would make a grand commercial

or Tom Hanks movie

but in reality

I’m too scared to even talk to you

and you’re a lesbian

so this bag of Cheetos is for you

© 2008 Lee Kitzis

No comments: