Sunday, November 2, 2008

To That Woman That Snapped Her Fingers in my Face at the Spirits Tasting

I just wanted to let you know

we did have some ice

a big bag of it

I was lying

and afterwards

I took the bag home

put on “Thunder Road”

and made love to it

then we drank Penfolds wine
ate Stouffers pork cutlet dinners
and watched Malcolm in the Middle

the ice drove me to work the next day

and as I got out of its Mini-Cooper
it grabbed me by the hand
looked me straight in the eye
and thanked me for not putting it in your glass

it then took Lake Shore Drive to the public beach

parked

got out

found a nice sunny spot away from the crowds

laid in the sand

and happily melted into oblivion
knowing
that it hadn’t been prison-raped
by your clown lips

meanwhile

Sam’s Wines and Spirits opened its doors

to the freezer trucks

and a brand new day

© 2008 Lee Kitzis

No comments: