Monday, October 13, 2008

Jasmine

Your name is so beautiful

People who didn’t know you

might think you were a delicate flower
or an intoxicating scent

they would never guess
you’re a 115-pound girl
covered in tattoos
who likes Pabst Blue Ribbon
random violence
and Wrestlemania

and that’s why I love you

because girls with tattoos
never love me back

I guess it’s because
there’s nothing particularly bad-ass
about a skinny bearded Jewish man
in an Eddie Bauer jacket
and khaki pants

with a pocketful of undersexed writing
and nasal decongestant

but somehow
God found a way
for us to come together

maybe it’s because
opposites attract

or maybe it’s because
I’ve always wanted to have sex
with a girl who could kick my ass

Ahhh Jasmine

my angry flower
who has roller derby practice on Sundays

with your intoxicating scent
of B.O. Cool Ranch Doritos and pot smoke

No one knows your name

and that’s why I love you

© 2008 Lee Kitzis

No comments: