Monday, April 6, 2009

Cabin Fever in Chicago

It’s -2 degrees outside
I’m going crazy on cheap beer
web comics paranormal television shows
2-star movies

I eat a carrot

what to write

Chicago in January

a turd in the freezer

I’ve got white boy blues
wine-in-a-box Good Will Hunting down-and-outs

I’m out of carrots

I check the fridge
some sauce
red

I wish I had a bard’s soul

I just have a Jew’s stomach

and a Hills Brothers coffee can

filled with Vicodin and change

sometimes I fantasize I’m stupid enough
to buy the shit I see on T.V.

I’d line my room w/ Obama coins

and Shamwows

call my mom in Alexandria, Virginia

tell her what I got

but I’m not

I’m just a guy with the white boy blues

a Jew stomach

the wine-in-a-box down-and-outs

in a 2-star love story called

My Carrots Left Me


in Chicago

in January

a turd in the freezer

and some sauce
red
in the fridge

© 2009 Lee Kitzis

No comments: