Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Retirement Plan

I sift through the change from the Metra machine
to see if any of the coins I got are priceless

I find a nickle from 1956

it's worth five cents

I have a Sammy Sosa rookie card worth eight dollars

that's $8.05

My retirement plan is coming along nicely

a bum stopped me
he said we're going through a recession
I should help him out

I didn't understand
so I said sorry

I hope he gets his promotion

The mice don't care about jobs

I bought peanut butter and mouse traps

they left

that's fine

I'm not a mouse corpse kinda guy

I found a penny from 1942

it's worth 3 cents

that's $8.08

My retirement plan is coming along nicely

I'm the richest guy in the apartment

when my roommate isn't home

© 2009 Lee Kitzis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now, when calculating your richness, did you take into account the fiscal holdings of the mice??

Scotch and Salad said...

yes. i actually took a financial hit. they pissed on me and took my wallet as i slept.