Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Simple Poem About Girl Scout Cookies (for Ian)

Ian and I drank a lot of gin
and then we went to an Eastern-themed restaurant
to watch the hockey game

the waiter didn't like us
and the bartender didn't like us

mainly because Ian was wearing a Cannibal Corpse t-shirt
and I hadn't shaved in days

I had a bag of Girl Scout cookies

don't ask me why

and I ate them on the way home

nobody looked at each other on the train

the cream filling in the Lemon Chalets was my favorite

I ate as many as I could on the Blue Line

got off

and left them all behind

the rats were waking up

the people were going home

I stuck the thin mints in the freezer

and felt good

the little things still mattered

I didn't like thin mints

© 2009 Lee Kitzis

1 comment:

IanMattson said...

I dont like thin mints either